* 8 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
* 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
* 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 medium Portobello mushroom caps, gills removed, cut into thin slices
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 3 / 4 cup dry white wine
* 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 4.1 tsp freshly ground pepper
* 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
* 1 cup cubed cheese, such as smoked mozzarella, cheddar or smoked Gouda
* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 4.3 tsp dried
They were also
* Mushroom & Butternut Squash Lasagna
* Creamy Fettuccine with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms
* Spaghetti bolognese with mushrooms
* Pasta with Mushroom-Thyme Ragu
* Fettuccine with shiitake mushrooms and basil
* Sausage, mushroom & spinach lasagne
* Pasta with mushroom sauce Pea
* Chicken Piccata with Pasta & Mushrooms
* Mushroom-Beef Stroganoff
1st Bring a large pot of water to a boil. The noodles for 4 minutes. Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles and cabbage are tender, about 4 minutes more. 02:01 Reserve the cooking liquid and drain cup of the pasta and cabbage.
2nd Meanwhile oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are soft and begin their liquid to release about 5 minutes.
3rd Whisk wine and flour in a small bowl. Add seasoning to the pan with salt and pepper, cook and stir until the mixture is thick, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook until just beginning to break on, about 1 minute more.
4th Place the noodles and cabbage to the pot. Add the mushroom sauce, the reserved cooking water, cheese and sage; throw gently to combine.
Per serving: 278 calories, 7 g fat (3 g Sat, 3 g mono), 15 mg cholesterol, 40 g carbohydrates, 13 g protein, 8 g fiber, 536 mg sodium, 633 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% DV), potassium (18% DV), calcium and iron (15% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable dish, 02:01 medium-fat meat