* 3 tablespoons canola oil
* 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soya sauce
* 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
* 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
* 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1 inch cubes
* 8 cups mixed salad greens
* 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
* 1 large cucumber, chopped
They were also
* Asian-Style Grilled Tofu with Vegetables
* Saag Tofu
* Warm Quinoa Salad with Edamame & Tarragon
* Curried Tofu Salad
* Grilled Steak Salad with Edamame & Cilantro
* Sweet & Sour Tofu
* Spicy Tofu Hotpot
* Greek Salad with Tofu
* Sesame-fried Tofu Maple
1st Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a bowl.
2nd Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the association in a large nonstick frying pan. Cook over medium heat, turning every 2-3 minutes, until golden brown, a total of 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add 1 tablespoon of the association in the pan and stir to coat.
3rd Toss Greens, carrots and cucumbers with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
Tips & Hints
* Make-ahead tip: The dressing (Step 1) holds, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days. Whisk just before using.
Per serving: 237 calories, 16 g fat (2 g Sat, 8 g mono), 0 mg cholesterol, 16 g carbohydrates, 4 g sugar, 11 g protein, 5 g fiber, 454 mg sodium, 749 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (180% daily value), Folate (41% DV), Vitamin C (38% DV), Calcium (29% dv).
1 1 / 2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 2 fat, 1 1 / 2 servings of carbohydrates