* 1 / 2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (see Note), chopped or 1 / 4 teaspoon ground pepper Chipotle
* 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil divided
* £ 1 Portobello mushroom caps, gill (about 5 medium), removed, diced
* 1 medium onion, finely diced
* 4 8 – to 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
* 3 / 4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
They were also
* Grill Portobello Quesadillas for Two
* Black Bean & Hominy Succotash with Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
* Grill Portobello Quesadillas 500 calorie menu
* Barbecue Bean Salad
* Black Bean Quesadillas
* Quesadillas con Frijoles cooks refritos
* Tofu & Vegetables with Maple Barbecue Sauce
* Portobello “Philly Cheese Steak” Sandwich
1st Combine barbecue sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and chipotle in a medium bowl.
2nd 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until the onion and mushrooms brown top, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to combine the vegetables to the bowl with the barbecue sauce, stir. Wipe the pan.
3rd Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons of cheese on half of each tortilla and top with one quarter (about 1 / 2 cup) of the filling. Fold tortillas in half, to even light pressure.
4th Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turn it once, until golden brown on both sides, 3-4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
Tips & Hints
* Ingredient Note: Chipotle are in adobo sauce, chili jalapeños packed in a spicy sauce smoked. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in supermarkets. Once opened, they last up to two weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer. Ground chipotle, smoked, dried jalapeños have made can be found in specialty chemicals Spice section most supermarkets or online at penzeys.com.
Per serving: 311 calories, 13 g fat (5 g Sat, 6 gs / w), 19 mg cholesterol, 43 g carbohydrates, 11 g protein, 5 g fiber, 710 mg sodium, 771 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Potassium (22% daily value), calcium (19% dv).
2 1 / 2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1 / 2 starch, 1 vegetable dish, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat meat, 1 fat