* 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 1 16-ounce tube prepared plain polenta, cut into cubes 1/2-inch
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 1 / 2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked, plus more for garnish (see note)
* 1 15-ounce can butter beans, rinsed
* 4 cups packed baby spinach
* 3 / 4 cup vegetable broth
* 1 / 2 cup shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
* 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
They were also
* Sauteed Green Beans & Cherry Tomatoes
* Sauteed spinach with pine nuts and raisins Golden
* Butter-Bean Spread Sandwich Roll-Up
* Bean & Butternut Tacos with Green Salsa
* Linguine with Fennel & Butter Beans
* Zesty Wheat Berry Black Bean Chili
* White Bean Soup (Fassoulatha)
* Hearty Minestrone
* Spicy Bean Burgers with Guacamole
1st Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add polenta and cook in a single layer, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 80-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2nd Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Cook onion and bell pepper, and stir until just tender, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in beans, spinach and broth boil and stir until the beans are heated through and the spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and vinegar. Serve vegetables on polenta. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Tips & Hints
* Smoked paprika is available in three flavors: sweet, bitter and sharp. Sweet is one of the most versatile, but choose your name, if you do a bit of heat. Do you find it well-stocked supermarkets, shops, food specialties.
Per serving: 207 calories, 8 g fat (2 g Sat, 4 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol, 28 g carbohydrates, 10 g protein, 5 g fiber, 678 mg sodium, 578 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Vitamin A (110% DV), Folate (23% DV), Calcium (20% DV), potassium (19% dv).
1 1 / 2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1 / 2 starch, 1 vegetable dish, 1 very lean meat, 1 fat