* 1 pounds fresh or frozen gnocchi
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 medium shallots, chopped
* 1 pounds zucchini (about 3 small), sliced very thinly lengthwise (see Tip)
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
* 4.1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
* Freshly ground pepper to taste
* 1 / 2 cup grated Parmesan
* 1 / 2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1st Bring a large pot bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi until they float, 3-5 minutes or according to the instructions on the package. Drain.
2nd Meanwhile, butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the butter begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Season tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and cook stirring often, until the tomatoes are just starting to break, 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and parsley. Add the dumplings to coat and throw. Serve immediately.
Tips & Hints
* Tip: “Ribbon-Thin” zucchini, slice lengthwise with a peeler or a mandoline slicer.
Per serving: 424 calories, 10 g fat (6 g Sat, 0 g mono), 25 mg cholesterol, 66 g carbohydrates, 17 g protein, 5 g fiber, 753 mg sodium, 539 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (75% daily value), Vitamin A (35% DV), Calcium (28% dv)
4 1 / 2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1 / 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1 fat