* 4.1 cup kecap manis (see Note Ingredient)
* 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce-
* 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
* 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 21 ounces (about 1 1 / 2 packs wrapped) with extra-firm tofu, water, tapped dry and cut them into 1 inch cubes
* 4.1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
* 04.01 cup water
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
1st Combine kecap manis, soy sauce, garlic, oil, vinegar, cumin and coriander in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a medium bowl. Place tofu in a large plastic bag. Pour the remaining marinade in the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2nd Add peanut butter, water, ketchup and hot sauce to the reserved marinade and whisk to combine flavors. Refrigerator until use.
3rd Position rack in upper third of oven, preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
4th Remove the tofu from the marinade and thread take the same amount to six 12-inch skewers. (If using wooden skewers, cover the bare end of each skewer with foil to prevent burning.) Grill the skewers until the tofu through, 6-8 minutes per side is heated. Serve with the reserved saturates the peanut dipping sauce.
Tips & Hints
* Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2 to 1 day. | Equipment: Six 12-inch skewers
* Ingredient Note: kecap manis is a thick, palm sugar sweetened soy sauce. It is used as a flavoring, marinade or sauce in Indonesian cuisine. Find it in Asian food stores or online at importfood.com. To replace kecap manis, whisk 1 part 1 part syrup with reduced-sodium soy sauce.
Per serving: 232 calories, 14 g fat (2 grams Sat, 1 g mono), 0 mg cholesterol, 6 g carbohydrates, 14 g protein, 2 g fiber, 525 mg sodium, 37 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Iron (15% daily value).
2.1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat