* 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
* 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
* 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 1 12-ounce bag of shredded mixed vegetables such as lettuce Äúrainbow, AU or Äúbroccoli coleslaw, Au
* 2 cups mung bean sprouts
* 1 bunch green onions, sliced, divided
* 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce-
* 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (see Shopping Tip)
1st Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, cook, stirring gently until set, 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
2nd Wipe the pan and give heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, 1 minute. Add shredded vegetables, bean sprouts, half the sliced scallions, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and reserved hoisin; cook, uncovered, stirring and breaking up the scrambled eggs, up through, heated 1-2 minutes. Stir in the remaining green onions and remove from heat.
Tips & Hints
* Shopping tip: Hoisin sauce is a dark brown, thick, sweet and spicy sauce made from soybeans and a complex blend of spices. Find it in the Asian section of your supermarket and in Asian markets.
Per serving: 171 calories, 9 g fat (2 g Sat, 4 g mono); 212 mg cholesterol, 14 g carbohydrates, 0 g sugar, 11 g protein, 4 g fiber, 328 mg sodium, 226 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Folate (17% dv).
A carbohydrate serving
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1 fat