* 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
* 2 large red onions cut into slices (see Tip kitchen)
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
* 1 / 2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 / 2 cup low-fat milk
* 2 large eggs
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 4.1 teaspoons salt
* 4.1 tsp freshly ground pepper
* 04.01 cup crumbled goat cheese
* 1 cup balsamic vinegar
* 2 teaspoons honey
1st The olive oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick pan over medium heat refractory. Reduce heat to medium, and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender and light golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Stir in water and thyme, scraping up browned bits all.
2nd Meanwhile, position rack in the middle of the oven, preheat to 450 ° F.
3rd Blend flour, milk, eggs, egg whites, canola oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. The batter on the onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
4th Bake the pancakes until golden and puffed, about 15 minutes.
5th Meanwhile, combine vinegar and honey to give in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat until thick and reduced to 1 / 3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. (Watch carefully in the last few minutes to prevent burning.) Cut the pancake into wedges and serve immediately with the balsamic syrup.
Tips & Hints
* Kitchen Tip: Onions contain a volatile substance called tear gas that reacts with the liquid in your eyes and makes them water. To chop them without crying, try wearing glasses, a candle burns in the vicinity, or cutting them under cold water. Mellow to the bite of a raw onion, enjoy it for one hour in 1 cup cold water 1 / 4 cup vinegar and 1 / 2 teaspoon salt and then rinse thoroughly.
Per main course serving: 295 calories, 12 g fat (3 g Sat, 6 g mono); 112 mg cholesterol, 38 g carbohydrate, 11 g protein, 2 g fiber, 269 mg sodium, 247 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Selenium (17% daily value).
2 1 / 2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable dish, 1 medium fat meat, 1 fat