* 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
* 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 3 cups chopped, peeled sweet potato (about 1 medium)
* 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
* 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
* 1 / 2 cup water
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
* 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
* 3 / 4 teaspoon salt
* 1 / 2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1st Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 4-5 minutes or according to the instructions on the package.
2nd Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in a large pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is crisp and fragrant, 2-5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper is soft, crisp, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat cover the increase, and keep warm.
3rd Drain the pasta reserving, 2.1 cup of cooking water. Place the pasta in the pot. Add to throw the vegetable mixture, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, tarragon, vinegar (or lemon juice), salt and cheese; combine. Add the reserved pasta water to achieve, 2 tablespoons at a time to desired consistency.
Per serving: 402 calories, 12 g fat (3 g Sat, 6 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol, 62 g carbohydrates, 0 g added sugar, 12 g protein, 9 g fiber, 546 mg sodium, 738 mg potassium.
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (140% daily value), Vitamin A (120% DV), potassium (21% DV), Iron (15% dv).
3 1 / 2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 4 starch, 2 fat