* 5 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (or yams), about 1 1 / 2 sweet potatoes
* 2 cups sliced apples into thin slices, such as Pippin or Granny Smith (about 2 small)
* 04.01 cup brown sugar, packed
* 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie pancake syrup
* 1 / 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 / 2 cup apple juice or orange juice
* 4.1 cup walnut pieces or chopped walnuts
1st Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2nd In a large bowl, throw together the sweet potatoes, apple slices and brown sugar. Spoon into a 9×9-inch or similar size baking dish.
3rd In a small bowl, mix syrup with cinnamon. Stir in apple juice. Pour evenly over sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle walnuts over the top.
4th Cover casserole dish with lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more (or until apple and sweet potatoes are completely cooked).
Per serving: 128 calories, 2 g protein, 24 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (0.2 g saturated fat, monounsaturated fat 0.7 g, 2 g polyunsaturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 2.2 g fiber, 24 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 21%.