* 5 medium russet potatoes (medium white or red potatoes can also be used)
* 2 spring onions, white and green part, finely chopped
* 1 / 3 cup fat-free half and half (low-fat milk or whole milk can also be used)
* 04.01 cup fat-free or light sour cream
* 1 tablespoon butter (or no-or low-trans fat margarine)
* 1 / 2 teaspoon chopped or crushed garlic (Optional)
* Salt and pepper to taste
1st Pierce each potato several times with a fork and microwave on HIGH the potatoes until they are completely soft (about 20 minutes, depending on your microwave.) You can also bake or boil gently until the potatoes if you prefer. Let potatoes cool a few minutes.
2nd Peel off skins (and discard) and add the potato flesh into a large bowl along with the green onions, fat-free half and half, sour cream, butter or margarine, and garlic.
3rd Beat on low speed until smooth and quite mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 187 calories, 5 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat (1.2 g saturated fat, monounsaturated fat 0.6 g, 0.1 g polyunsaturated fat), 6 mg Cholesterol, 3.5 g dietary fiber, 55mg sodium (no salt taste).