* 1 cup broccoli florets
* 1 cup carrots, sliced
* 1 cup zucchini, sliced
* 1 cup macaroni or rotini
* 1 tablespoon flour (for sauce)
* 1 tablespoon margarine (for sauce)
* 1 cup skim milk (for sauce)
* 4.1 teaspoon dried basil (for sauce)
* 1.8 teaspoon black pepper (for sauce)
* 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (to sauce)
1st Steam vegetables soft and crunchy.
2nd Cook macaroni according to package directions statement.
3rd In a small saucepan melt margarine, mix flour.
4th Gradually stir in milk and spices. (Do not add cheese at this time).
5th Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
6th Remove from heat and mix in cheese.
7th Pour over hot vegetables.
8th Add macaroni and mix.
Per serving: 433 calories, 9 g fat, calories from fat 19%, seven mg cholesterol, 6 grams dietary fiber, sodium mg 281st