* 28 oz can baked beans (like Bush’s Baked Beans Maple bacon ®)
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 1 medium bell pepper, diced
* 14 oz package Louis Rich ® Turkey Polska Kielbasa sausage (or similar less-fat meat) into small, bite-sized pieces cut
* 1 / 2 cup ketchup
* 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, well drained (you can request to leave)
* 1-2 tablespoons chili powder (use 1 tablespoon for a child friendly version)
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 3 tablespoon cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
* 1 / 2 cup brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon chopped or minced garlic (1 teaspoon garlic powder may be substituted)
* 1 or 2 dashes cayenne pepper (add more to taste)
* 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional – if you want, turn the “heat”)
1st Add baked beans, onions, peppers, sausages, ketchup, stewed and diced tomatoes slow cooker.
2nd Sprinkle chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt, if desired, cayenne pepper and give over the top of bean mixture and stir well.
3rd Turn slow cooker to high and heat for 2-4 hours or turn slow cooker to LOW and heat 8-10 hours.
NOTE: If you want to use a Dutch oven preheated to 350 ° F oven, add all ingredients to a Dutch oven stir give and bake for 1 hour.
12 side view servings (about 3 / 4 cup each)
Per serving: 184 calories, 10 grams protein, 28 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 600 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 17%.