* 4 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
* 3 tablespoons light pancake syrup (or real maple syrup)
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 4.1 cup egg substitute
* 1 / 2 cup low-fat, fat-free half and half or milk
* 1 / 3 cup chopped pecans
* 1 / 3 cup sweetened flaked coconut ()
* 1 / 3 cup brown sugar
* 1 tbsp flour
* 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
1st Heat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 1 1/2- to 2-liter pot with canola cooking spray.
2nd With electric mixer, mix sweet potatoes, together 1 tablespoon butter and pancake syrup. Beat in egg, egg substitute and milk. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
3rd Combine pecans, coconut, brown sugar and flour. Stir in a tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potatoes. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Per serving: 204 calories, 4 g protein, 32.5 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, saturated fat 2.5 g, 32 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g dietary fiber, 90 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 30 percent.