* 3 carrots, unpeeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 1 large sweet onion, remove into 1-inch pieces (cut hard skin)
* About 18 cloves of raw garlic, peeled (optional)
* 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 3 parsnips, unpeeled, into 1-inch pieces (use to cut by 2 if they are large parsnips)
* 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tsp dried thyme
* 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
* Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
* Canola or olive oil cooking spray
* 1 / 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth (if needed for moisture)
1st Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line jelly roll with a foil and coat the foil with canola cooking spray or olive oil pan.
2nd Add vegetable mixture to a large bowl and drizzle with oil and lemon juice and coat thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and (if desired) over the top. Toss to coat vegetables with oil and spices. (You can cover and store it overnight at this point.) When you are ready to fill the vegetable mixture spread mixture into prepared pan and cover the top generously with canola or olive oil cooking spray.
3rd Roast until vegetables are browned and tender (50-60 minutes), slightly turning the vegetables in the 30-minute number. Continue roasting until the vegetables are ready (most of the edges are crispy and brown and the vegetables are soft).
Per serving: 117 calories, 2 g protein, 23 g carbohydrates, 2.6 g fat, 0.4 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5.3 g fiber, 22 mg sodium (without salt). Calories from fat: 19%.