* 1 bunch Swiss chard leaves (red or green work well), stems removed
* 1 cup water
* 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic
* Freshly ground salt and pepper as desired (optional)
* 08.01 cup crumbled goat cheese
* 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (toast pine nuts lightly fry in a nonstick pan over medium heat, stirring frequently)
1st Stack chard leaves then cut into thin strips. well in the colander and rinse chard, drainage. Add the strips to a large non-stick pan with 1 cup of water. Cook gently on medium heat, stirring frequently, until leaves (about 4 minutes). Drain the chard in a colander.
2nd Add olive oil to the same large skillet over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of chopped garlic and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the chard leaves and cook heated up by about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
3rd Turn off heat, sprinkle goat cheese and toasted pine nuts over the top, cover pan and leave about 1 minute before serving.
Pages 4 servings.
Per serving: 75 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 5.5 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 190 mg sodium (without added salt). Calories from fat: 68 percent