* Canola oil cooking spray
* 3 large egg, higher omega-3, if available
Cup unbleached white flour * 04.01
* 1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder
* Pinch of salt
* 1 / 2 cup egg substitute
* 04.01 cup fat-free half and half or low-fat milk
* 1 cup 1% cottage cheese, stir in a food processor until fluffy whipped cream
* 1 teaspoon oregano flakes (other dry herbs such as basil can be substituted)
* 2 cups chopped green vegetable (small bite-sized pieces), such as Broccoli, Asparagus, artichokes, zucchini or finely chopped spinach or chard rinsed (and also expressed no moisture)
* 1 1 / 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat
* 4:01 cup chopped scallions (white and green parts), optional
1st Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat an 8 x 8-inch place baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2nd In a large bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and beat until well blended. Add to replace the egg and half and half and beat until smooth. Stir in cottage cheese, spring vegetables and sharp cheddar cheese.
3rd Pour into the prepared pan and bake 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 20 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 208 Calories, 20 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 5 g saturated fatty acids, monounsaturated 2 g fat, 0.4 g polyunsaturated fat, 130 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 510 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 38 percent.