* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 cup chopped sweet onion
* 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
* 16-ounce bag of cut and cleaned “mixed Greens (Collard, mustard, rape) or cabbage leaves
* 2 cups water or low sodium chicken or beef broth
* 1 / 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 / 2 tablespoons molasses
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (available in small bottles in the BBQ section of most supermarkets)
* Pepper to taste
* Salt to taste (optional)
1st Heat olive oil in large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes, stirring often.
2nd Add chopped greens and 2 cups water or broth. Add to the brown sugar, molasses, liquid smoke and mix and stir well.
3rd Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Continue for about 25 minutes, or simmer until greens are tender.
Per serving: 82 calories, 2.5 g protein, 14.5 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g fat (0.3 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 25 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26%.