* 6-ounce glass of marinated artichoke hearts
* 1 1 / 2 teaspoon canola oil
* 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
* 2 cups diced tofu, drained well
* 1 cup grated zucchini, grated (about 1 zucchini)
* 2 large eggs
* 1 / 2 cup egg substitute (or 4 egg whites)
* 04.01 cup plain bread crumbs (seasoned bread crumbs can be used)
* 1 / 2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
* 4.1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
* 1/2-1 teaspoon Tabasco, or to taste
* 1 1 / 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reduced fat
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
1st Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 8×8-inch (or 9×0 inch) baking dish with canola cooking spray.
2nd Open artichoke hearts and empty into a colander. Rinse and let drain well. Cut larger pieces into small pieces and set aside.
3rd Add canola oil to a medium non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat. Onion, garlic and tofu, and fry for 3-5 minutes. Stir in grated zucchini and artichoke heart pieces and stir well. Remove from heat and set aside.
4th In a large bowl of eggs, add egg substitute, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Beat on low until thoroughly mixed. Stir in cheese, parsley, artichoke hearts and mix.
5th Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until batter down. Let sit 50-10 minutes and cut them into small portions of appetizer-size square or larger portion entrée. Serve hot or cold.
Makes 8 servings or 4 appetizer servings entrée
(Per appetizer serving): 188 calories, 16 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 8.5 g fat (3.2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 469 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 40 percent.