* 2 x 410g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 40g (1 ½ oz) parsley
* 1 ½ teaspoon mild curry powder
* 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
* 1 medium egg (free range for vegetarians) Olive oil 1 tbsp
* 8 pitta bread, roasted
* 1 beef tomato, sliced
* 1 avocado, sliced
* Lettuce leaves
* Greek yogurt mixed with diced cucumber
1st Blend the chickpeas, parsley, curry, garlic and egg in a food processor until almost smooth and the parsley is coarsely chopped. Season well and divide into eight balls. Flatten slightly into patties.
2nd Heat, heat the oil in a large pan and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
3rd Serve hot or cold roasted Pittas with tomato, avocado salad and cut into slices. Top with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.