* 2tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 450g (1lb) carrots, peeled and chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
* 2.5cm (1 “) piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
* 225g (8oz) red lentils Split
* 1tbsp medium curry paste
* Zest and juice of 2 lemons
* 1.15ltr (2pts) vegetable stock
2tbsp chopped fresh coriander *
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Coriander to garnish
* Rice and / or naan bread to serve
1st Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and carrots and sauté for 3-4mins.
2nd Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and sauté for 1 min.
3rd Stir in the lentils, curry paste, lemon zest and juice and stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until broken down the carrots are tender and the lentils have.
4th taste Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander and season to. Serve hot with rice and naan bread.
Nutritional information per portion
* Calories 312(kcal)
* Fat 8.1g
* Saturates 0.8g
* Sugars 14.3g
* Salt 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.