* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3 celery stalks, chopped
* 2 sweet potatoes, about 500g (1lb), peeled and diced
* 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced
* 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
* 100g (3 ½ oz) green beans, chopped
* 420g butter can beans, rinsed and drained
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 small ciabatta, cut into 12 slices
* About 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
* 60g (2oz)
1st Heat the oil in a large pan, add the celery and sweet potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the peppers to cook for a few minutes, then stir in the stock markets. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
2nd Add the green beans, cook for another 5 minutes, then stir in the butter beans and simmer 5 minutes, until heated through. Squash some of the beans and potatoes in the pan to thicken the juices. Check for seasoning, and that the potato is just tender.
3rd Meanwhile, toast ciabatta on the one side, turn slices over, put thyme leaves and sprinkle grated cheese and grill until brown. Serve the toast to the stew.
Nutritional information per portion
* Calories 434(kcal)
* Fat 11.0g
* Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.