For the beetroot Burger:
* 250g beetroot, grated
* 250g carrots, grated
* 100ml oatmeal
* 3 eggs
* 1 shallot, finely chopped
* 4 tablespoons finely chopped dill
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon canola oil, for frying
For the barley salad:
* 200g barley
* 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
* 1 large bunch flat parsley
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1st Mix the ingredients give the burger in a bowl and allow to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2nd Prepare the barley for the salad: They are cooked in water with some salt for 30 minutes. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
3rd Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / gas mark 4th
4th Form patties of burger mixture with your hands. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the cakes until golden brown on both sides. Transfer them to give to a dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
5th Make the salad: Mix the barley with the celery, parsley, oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
6th Serve the cake with beetroot salad of barley. They can be made before the day and reheated.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.