For the flan:
50g/2oz ground almonds *
* 50g/2oz low-fat vegetarian Cheddar cheese, grated finely
* 50g/2oz wholemeal breadcrumbs
* 25g/1oz chopped walnuts
* 5g/1tsp dried herbs
* 1.25ml/1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
* 30ml/2tbsp canola oil
For the filling:
* 2 onions, coarsely chopped into bite-sized chunks
* 100g/4oz carrots, cut into 2.5cm / 1 “lengths
* 1 red pepper, 2.5 cm / 1 chopped “pieces
* 100g/4oz sweet potato, chopped into 2.5cm / 1 “cubes
* 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
* 200g/7oz silken tofu
* 15ml/1tbsp apple vinegar
* 5ml/1tsp each dried rosemary, sage and thyme, crushed together in a mortar
* 150ml / 5 fl oz soya milk
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 15g/1tbsp pumpkin seeds
1st Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6th
2nd All the ingredients for the cake base and press together into a 22cm / 9 “loose bottom flan ring. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
3rd Place the vegetables in a roasting pan, drizzle over the oil and throw well. Roast in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes, turning several times until golden and soft.
4th Place stir the tofu, apple vinegar, dried herbs and soy milk in a blender and smooth. Season well.
5th Place the roasted vegetables in the pie crust, then spoon the tofu mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the surface and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6th Turn arrange on a plate and a green salad or vegetables.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.