* 3 oz 1kg/2lb floury potatoes such as King Edward or Maris Piper, peeled
* 2 onions, peeled, chopped
* 2 large free range eggs, beaten
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for shallow frying pan
1st First, rub the potatoes and onions.
2nd Place the grated potatoes and onions on a kitchen towel. Lay then roll up like a Roly Poly. Squeeze all the liquid out.
3rd Place the potatoes and onion mixture into a bowl. Add the beaten eggs. Add the seasoning. Stir well.
4th Heat Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Place a tablespoon of potato mixture into the oil and form into a round about 6 cm in diameter.
5th Cook for about 5 minutes on one side and five minutes on the other, until the latkes are golden and cooked through. These can be cooked in advance and heated for 5 minutes in a moderate oven.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.