For the Dip:
* 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons shoyu or soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon vodka
* 2.5 cm ginger root, grated
* 1 large orange, finely grated rind only
* 1 tsp sesame oil
For the dough:
* 160g gram flour or chickpea flour
* 230ml soda water
* Pinch baking powder
* 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
* Pinch sugar
* Pinch of salt
For the vegetables:
* 50g carrots, peeled and in matches
* 50g red pepper, cut into strips
* 50g baby corn, halved lengthwise
* 75g cauliflower florets
* 75g broccoli
* 75g eggplant, cut into 1cm slices and cut in half
* 1 small red onion, in half circles, cut about 1cm thick
* 75g closed cup mushrooms small
* 50g smoked or marinated tofu, cut into cubes
* Some branches of fresh cilantro or parsley
* Peanut oil
1st Make the dipping sauce first: very gently heat the sugar with the water and vodka until it was dissolved. Cool slightly then add the remaining ingredients.
2nd You have everything ready before you make the dough. To the dough, give all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Turn type into a bowl.
3rd Pour enough oil for deep frying in a wok is heated until a cube of bread will brown in 15 seconds (see Tip).
4th Dip pieces of vegetables and tofu in batter and deep fry until golden brown, turning every bit longer than necessary. Drain well in paper towels.
5th Serve with dipping sauce in a small bowl, hot on the side.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.