For the fritters
* 300g (10 oz) self-raising flour
* 3 medium eggs
* 1 teaspoon salt level
* ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
* 175g (6 oz) zucchini, grated
* 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
* 1 large tomato, finely chopped
* 4-5 tbsp finely-level mixture of basil and parsley, chopped
* 150ml (¼ pint) milk
* Sunflower oil, for frying
For the mayonnaise
* ½ -1 teaspoon wasabi paste-level or 3 teaspoons wasabi powder level
* 125ml (4 fl oz) mayonnaise
* Roasted tomatoes to serve
1st To leave the fritters: Mix all ingredients except the oil, and for about 10 minutes.
2nd Heat a little oil in a frying pan and place spoonfuls of the mixture on the bottom. dating to about 7.5-10cm (3-4in) Spread. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn around and cook it for another 2-3 min. The pancakes are cooked when firm grip on the underground feel. Remove from pan and keep warm while cooking the rest of the mixture.
3rd To the mayonnaise: Stir the wasabi paste or powder into the mayonnaise.
4th Serve the pancakes with the mayonnaise and garnished with lightly fried or roasted tomatoes. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
* Calories 137(kcal)
* Fat 9.0g
* Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.