* 1tbspolive oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
* 200g pack of mushrooms halved
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon chili powder (more like when)
* 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
* 1 tbsp (15ml) tomato paste
* 1 (400g) can red beans, drained and rinsed
* Pinch of sugar
* Salt and ground black pepper
* Brown rice to serve
1st Heat oil and fry the onion cook for 3 minutes. Add saute the garlic, peppers and mushrooms and for a further 3 minutes until the mushrooms brown. Add the spices and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
2nd Add bring the tomatoes, tomato paste, beans and sugar, then boil. Season to taste, turn to simmer and cook 20 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced. Serve hot with a 3-4tbsp (45-60ml) brown rice.
Nutritional information per portion
* Calories 165(kcal)
* Fat 5.0g
* Saturates 0.6g
* Sugars 9.0g
* Salt 0.9g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.