* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
* 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, coriander and cumin
* 1 eggplant, trimmed and cut 4cm (1 ½ in) chunks
* 400g can chopped tomatoes
* 2tsp harissa paste Belazu Rose
* 1 parsnip, 2 carrots and a sweet potato, peeled and in 2.5 cm (1 inch) chunks
* 12 semi-soft dried apricots
* 200g (7 ounces) couscous (seasoned with lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley and mint)
* Handful of roasted almonds
* Smooth parsley or coriander
1st Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion gently for about 5 minutes until it is soft. Stir in the spices and add a minute.
2nd Stir in eggplant and cook for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, 300ml (½ pint) of boiling water and harissa, to taste. Stir in the parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes and apricots. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
3rd Make up the couscous according to instructions pack by lemon rind and juice, garlic, parsley and mint to taste.
4th Serve the tagine in deep bowls with couscous. Sprinkle with the almonds and parsley or cilantro. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
* Calories 340(kcal)
* Fat 11.0g
* Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.