* 100g (4 oz) onions, peeled and finely chopped
* 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
* 50g (2oz) carrots, finely chopped
* 35g (1 1/2oz) mushrooms, finely chopped
* 50g (2oz) red lentils
* 600ml (1pt) vegetable stock
* 25g (1 oz mashed), tinned red beans
* 35g (1 1/2oz) ground peanuts
* 25g (1 oz) ground hazelnuts
* 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce or shoyu
* 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
* 7.5ml (1/2tsp 1) dried thyme
* 5ml (1 teaspoon) dried rosemary
* Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
* 7.5ml (1/2tsp 1) spice mix
* 200g (8oz) fine oatmeal
* Freshly ground black pepper
You will need:
* 1 pounds loaf tin
1st Pre-oven to 190 ° C/375 ° F Gas / 5
2nd Add the onion in the oil for 5 minutes, then add the carrots and mushrooms and a further 5 minutes.
3rd Now add the lentils and three quarters of the stock.
4th Blend the puree of red beans in the remaining stock, add it to heat up with the nuts, shoyu, lemon juice and spices. Cook min everything together well, mixed for another 10 – 15.
5th Then add the oatmeal to reduce the heat and let simmer 15-20 minutes, with a little more liquid if necessary.
6th Turn the mixture into a lightly oiled loaf tin and bake for 1 GBP for 30 minutes.
7th Serve with mashed neeps and tatties.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.