* 1 medium eggplant
* Olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 40 g (1.5 oz) butter
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 175g (6 oz shot) mixed nuts (such as Brazil, pine nuts, almonds, blanched whole), chopped in the processor, but not too fine
* 50g (2oz peeled) pistachios, coarsely chopped
* 100g (4 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
* Grated rind and juice of half a lemon
* 100g (4 oz mature) cheddar, grated
* 100g (4 oz) frozen chestnuts, thawed and coarsely chopped
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 4tbsp chopped fresh parsley
* Sprigs of fresh parsley to serve
You will need:
* 900g (2 pounds) loaf tin, 19 x 17 x 9 cm (6 ½ x 3 ½ x 3 ½ in) base
1st Preheat the grill and oven to 200 º C / Fan 180 º C / Gas sixth
2nd Line a loaf tin with foil and lightly oil them.
3rd Cut the eggplant lengthwise into thin. Arrange sprinkle on a large greased baking sheet in a single layer, brush or with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook under hot grill for 5-7 minutes per side, until the eggplant is soft and begins to turn golden. The eggplant is a deep brown once cooked in the oven, so do not worry too much color in this state. As soon as you turned over the eggplant slices, not keeping a watchful eye on the second page as it is faster than the color of the first page. let cool slightly.
4th Use the eggplant on line across the bottom and sides of the prepared loaf tin, all slices are in the same direction.
5th Melt the butter in a medium frying pan, add the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. cool give spoon into a large bowl and leave.
6th Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl with plenty of seasoning, and stir well to mix.
7th Spoon into the loaf tin, strong pressure on the mixture down. Fold the ends of the eggplant over the surface of the filling and cover the tin with foil.
8th Cook in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Turn it on a serving plate, remove the tin and smooth, garnished with sprigs of parsley.
9th Slice to serve dense.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.