* 300g (11 oz) basmati rice
* 1 ½ liters of boiling water (for cooking the rice)
* 4 tbsp Balti paste
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 tsp cumin
* 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
* 1 tsp green chilies, chopped
* 100g (3 ½ oz) onions, sliced
* 100g (3 ½ oz) carrots, diced
* 225g (8 oz) mushrooms, diced
* 25g (1 oz) butter
* 50ml (2 fl oz) cream
* 50g (2 oz) fresh grated coconut
* 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
* Salt to taste
1st Wash the rice in several changes of water and leave to soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
2nd In a large pan bring the water to a boil. Add paste 1 tbsp Balti.
3rd Heat the oil in a separate pan and add the cumin. If they start to crackle add the ginger and green chili. Gradually add a few minutes, the onions. Once they start turning translucent, what should be in about 2 minutes, stir in the remaining Balti paste.
4th Add the carrots and mushrooms and add about 4 minutes. Check salt and adjust if necessary. Stir in butter, cream and coconut flakes, a few reserved for garnish. Let the heat through before the mint. Set aside.
5th Let rice drain and add the boiling water. Cook for about 5 minutes before the test, whether it is just cooked through. Drain the water and stand for 5 minutes.
6th Mix Serve the mushrooms and carrot mix with the rice and serve immediately. Garnish with the remaining coconut.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.