* 350g (12 ounces) strong flour
* 5ml (1 teaspoon) ground spice mixture
* 5ml (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
* 5ml (1 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
* 1 packet of yeast easy-blend
* 25g (1oz) icing sugar
* 75g (3 oz) currants
* 25g (1 oz) mixed peel (orange, lemon, lime), chopped
* Peel of a lemon, finely grated
* 75g (3 oz) vegan margarine, melted
* 175ml/6floz (approx) soya milk, warmed
For the crosses:
* 50g (2oz) flour
* 25g vegan margarine
For the icing:
* 25g (1oz) sugar
* 30ml water
1st peel In a large bowl the flour, spices, yeast, sugar, raisins, mix, and lemon peel. Make a well in the center and add the melted margarine and some of the warmed milk. Mix until a soft dough, adding more milk if necessary.
2nd Turn Knead the dough on a floured work surface and about 10 min. Put them in a oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and warm in a place until doubled in size, which will take about 1 -2 hours.
3rd Meanwhile, make the crosses, rub the margarine into the flour and add enough water to bind. Roll out the dough very thinly then cut into thin strips.
4th Once the dough has doubled, knocking it down and knead for 5 minutes. Divide into 12 pieces, roll each piece into a ball and let set on a greased baking sheet. Allow to rise again for about min 30th
5th To glaze, heat the water and sugar in a pan until the sugar is dissolved.
6th Allow to cool. Glaze pastry with each roll and top crosses.
7th Bake at 180 ° C/350 ° F / Gas 4 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.