* Large butter, about 30g (1oz)
* Splash of olive oil
* 1 leek, well washed, cleaned and cut into slices
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped, optional
* 1 medium potato, about 200g (7 ounces), peeled and diced
* 1 liter (1 ¾ liter) chicken or vegetable stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
* 500g (1lb) frozen peas, thawed
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 Little lettuce
* 6 pitta bread, toast and cut it in the fingers, serving
1st Melt the butter with the oil in a large pan. Cook the leeks and garlic, when used, poach for 5 minutes. Add to the potatoes cook, stirring for one minute. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
2nd Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes will be, or until the potatoes against the side of the pan squash. Add the peas and add another 5 minutes.
3rd Place the soup in a blender, or use a hand blender to get it a smoother consistency. Add some spices to taste.
4th Snip lettuce into small pieces and put a couple in heated bowls, then ladle the soup served with toasted pita bread in. finger.
5th Cool soup, then pack in a plastic container to freeze, stickers, labels, and. Use within 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and in a frying pan.
Nutritional information per portion
* Calories 377(kcal)
* Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.