* 3tbsp sunflower oil
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
* 3 large parsnips, peeled and cut into pieces
* 1 large potato, peeled and cut into pieces
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 170g flour self-
* 85g cold butter, cut into cubes
* 20g fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 cube of vegetable stock
* 400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 bay leaf
* 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
1st Preheat the oven to 180 º C (350 º F / gas mark 4). Heat or fry the oil in a flameproof casserole and the onions, carrots, parsnips and potatoes for 10 minutes until they are soft and slightly browned. The garlic in the bowl for the last minute.
2nd Meanwhile, sift the flour into a large bowl, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the parsley, then stir in 4 – 5tbsp cold water – enough to form a soft but not sticky dough. Roll into 10 balls.
3rd Dissolve the stock cube in 150ml give boiling water and add the baking dish, along with the beans, bay leaf and tomatoes. Season, bring to a boil, then arrange the dumplings in the lead.
4th Cover and bake for 40 minutes, until the dumplings are cooked and the vegetables are soft.
Nutrition information per serving
* 620 Calories (kcal)
* Fat 34.0g
* Saturated fatty acids 17.0g
This nutrition information is only a guide and is at 2,000 calories per day. For more information about healthy nutrition, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.