* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
* 450g carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
* 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
* 1.2 liter vegetable stock
* Grated rind and juice of 1 orange
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1st Heat the butter and add oil in a pan, onion and garlic, and 1 min, until soft. Add the carrots and fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
2nd Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Season, cover and then cook for 10-15 minutes until the carrots are soft. Stir in the orange rind and juice.
3rd Transfer the soup to give a food processor or blender and whiz until smooth – you have to do in two batches. Return to heat the pan and stir through gently in the mint. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving
* 140 Calories (kcal)
* 9.0 g fat
* Saturated fat 3.0g
* Sugars 0.0g
This nutrition information is only a guide and is at 2,000 calories per day. For more information about healthy nutrition, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.