* 250g (8oz) macaroni (or penne rigatoni or if you prefer) 4-5 tomatoes chopped in halves or wedges
* 1 tablespoon pine nuts
* A few fresh basil leaves
For the cheese sauce:
* 450ml (¾ pint) Milk
* 25g (1 oz) (2 tbsp) flour
* 25g (1oz) butter
* 1 teaspoon mustard English, optional
* 175g (6 oz mature) cheddar cheese, grated
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1st Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200 ° C. Add the pasta to a large boiling salted water and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
2nd Meanwhile make the sauce: the milk in a pan, whisk in the flour and butter. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Simmer 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, in use, about three quarters of the cheese and some spices.
3rd Drain the pasta, put it back into the pan and stir the sauce. Spoon the mixture into a shallow, buttered, ovenproof give.
4th Arrange tomato halves on top and sprinkle with pine nuts, and the rest of cheese. Bake near the top of the oven about 20 minutes until it is brown and hot.
5th Serve with a crisp winter salad or green vegetables.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.