* 1 tablespoon olive oil light
* 75g (3 oz) onions, finely chopped
* 175g (6 oz) carrots, diced
* 150g (5oz) parsnips, thinly sliced
* ½ teaspoon ground coriander
* 800ml (1 1 / 3 liters) light stock
* 350g (12 ounces cooked) beets (cut not in vinegar), sliced
* 4tsp fresh dill, chopped
* 1 pomegranate
Soy yogurt * 4tbsp
* 2 tbsp walnut pieces (optional)
1st Heat the oil in a large pan and sweat the onion, carrot and parsnip for 5 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the coriander and add another 2 minutes.
2nd Pour broth and beets. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes then, with 2 tsp dill for the last 2 or 3 minutes.
3rd Cut the pomegranate in half and extract the juice with a lemon squeezer. Blend to taste the soup and the juice (up to 4 tablespoons).
4th Garnish with the yoghurt, walnut pieces and remaining 2 teaspoons chopped dill. Serve with walnut bread or granary or rye bread (bread is optional and do not count calories and fat).
Nutrition information per serving
* 158 Calories (kcal)
* 5.4 g fat
This nutrition information is only a guide and is at 2,000 calories per day. For more information about healthy nutrition, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.