* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
* 3 tbsp Korma curry paste
* 1 can of chopped tomatoes
* 2 large handful of broccoli florets (not too large)
* 1 large handful frozen long green beans
* 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 tbsp tomato paste
* ½ packet basmati rice
* 2-4 naan bread
1st Heat the oil in a large pot and cook the onion soft. Add the curry paste and stir in another 2 minutes.
2nd Stir in the chopped tomatoes and broccoli and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat to simmer 20 minutes until the broccoli is cooked but not soft.
3rd Add the green beans, chickpeas and tomato paste, return to the boil and simmer for another five minutes. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread cooked hot to package instructions.
Top tip: This recipe works with cauliflower instead of broccoli. And why not try, or Madras Balti curry paste for a spicier version.www.vegsoc.org
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.