* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1 stalk celery, chopped
* 1 leek, halved and sliced
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 x 420g can mixed beans salad, drained and rinsed
* 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
* 1 tablespoon dried herbs
* I tbsp tomato paste
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Mash Topping
* 700g (1lb 9 oz) floury potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
* 150ml (¼ pt) milk
* 75g (2 ¾ oz) of Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
1st Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F, gas mark 4). Boil the potatoes are soft in lightly salted boiling water for one of for 20 minutes or until pan. Meanwhile, heat the oil, onion, garlic, sauté celery, leeks and carrots and for 10 min.
2nd Add the beans, tomatoes, herbs and chilli powder and tomato paste with water 3tbsp. Season to taste and cook for min fifth
3rd When the potatoes are cooked, pour off the milk and heat to boiling point. Pour the milk over the potatoes and mash until smooth. Season to taste. Beat in half the cheese.
4th Spoon the beans and tomato mixture into an ovenproof dish and with the cheesy mash. Sprinkle the remaining cheese. Cook for 20 minutes, until the coating is golden brown.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.