* 100g (4 oz) bulghur wheat
* 3 ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
* 1 red onion, chopped
* ½ cucumber seeded, and diced
* 15g (½ oz) pack chives, finely chopped
* 20g (¾ oz) pack of mint, finely chopped
* 20g (¾ oz) pack leaf parsley, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 lemon, sliced
1st Measure pt 150ml (¼) boiling water and put it through the hob. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the wheat. Stir it constantly as you dry roast it for 1-2 minutes or until a nutty, toasty aroma. Add the water and a pinch of salt. Stir once then allow to boil the wheat and water for a few minutes, should be absorbed during which time the water. Let it cool completely.
2nd Meanwhile, mix the tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and herbs. Stir in the wheat and oil. Season to taste.
3rd Serve with the lemon slices. This stops from the herbs go dark and lemon juice makes the dinners themselves.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2