* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 tsp ground coriander and turmeric each
* 1 green chili, cored
* 3 garlic cloves
* 2.5 cm (1 inch) ginger root, peeled and chopped
* 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, organic, drained and rinsed
* 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
* 200g (7 oz) baby spinach
* 1 tsp garam masala
poppadoms * Greek yogurt, fresh mint, and naan bread to serve
1st Heat, heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and 5 minutes. Add the coriander and turmeric and add a few more minutes. In the meantime, the chilli, garlic and ginger in a blender with 150 ml (1/4pt) water and mix. Add to the pan and cook for minute second Add the chickpeas and tomatoes, then cook for 10 minutes, until heated through.
2nd Add the spinach to the pan type and wilt for 5 minutes. Add the garam masala to taste, and serve with naan bread and poppadoms. They could also serve this with rice.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.