* 600g (1lb 6 oz) carrots, peeled and diced even large (about 1cm)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 25 g (1 oz) butter
* 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
* 300g (11 oz) risotto rice
* 1 tsp dried thyme
* 200ml (7floz) dry white wine
* 1 liter hot vegetable stock
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
1st Preheat the oven to 220 ° C (425 ° F, gas mark 7).
2nd Place the carrots in a large roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and seasoning. Toss well and uncovered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the carrots are tender and lightly golden, turning halfway cooking time,
3rd Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Stir in the risotto rice and stir well casing. Add the dried thyme and bring the wine and cooking. The hot broth quarter at a time by each quarter was after the old stock is absorbed by the rice. This should be after about 25 minutes, during which time dente, the rice should be al.
4th Remove the carrots from the oven and stir in the rice. Season well and serve immediately with the Parmesan. Garnish with parsley.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.