* 8 medium slices wholemeal bread
* 1 tablespoon mild mustard like Dijon
* 500ml (17 fluid ounces) low-fat milk
* 3 medium eggs
* 175g (6 oz) Cheshire cheese, crumbled or coarsely grated
* 20g (¾ oz) bunch of fresh chives, snipped
1st Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (375 ° F, gas mark 5). Broad distribution of the bread with the mustard then cut each slice diagonally into quarters to create four triangles.
2nd In a large bowl, beat together the milk, egg and some seasoning. Arrange a layer of bread, mustard-side up in a baking dish, sprinkle over a few chives and a little cheese then pour over some of the milk mixture.
3rd Finish with a layer of bread, then pour over all the remaining liquid and a final sprinkling of cheese and chives. Let rest for 20 minutes or so, if you have time.
4th Place pan on a baking sheet and provide for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and risen. Serve warm.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.