* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 large onion, sliced
* ½ beet, peeled and chopped
* 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
* 2 zucchini, chopped
* 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
* 1 chopped celery heart,
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
* 400g can chopped tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 cup couscous, to serve
1st Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook until the onion is soft. Add the vegetables, cumin, cinnamon and salt and stir until the vegetables are coated in the spices.
2nd Add cover the chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato paste, honey and just enough water to the vegetables. Stir, cover and then bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3rd Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package instructions. Serve the stew drawn into the couscous.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.