* 1kg (2 1/4lb) red cabbage, finely shredded
* 450g (1lb) Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
8 * small red onion, peeled, quartered
* Large pinch ground cinnamon
* Large pinch of ground cloves
* 6tbsp light soft brown sugar
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 6tbsp apple vinegar
* 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) of pure apple juice
* 15g (1oz) butter
1st Heat the oven to 150 ° C/300 ° F / Gas 2nd Place in a large casserole dish, add the chopped cabbage layer with apples, onions, spices, sugar and spices. Continue with these layers until everything is in pots.
2nd Pour in the vinegar and apple juice then set the dot of butter on top and cover with a lid or foil.
3rd Cook slowly in the oven for about 2 hours stirring once or twice during cooking time. Try the cabbage before serving, you may need some extra spice.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.