* 100g (4 oz) crunchy peanut butter
* 25 g (1 oz) creamed coconut, chopped
* 2.5 ml (½ tsp) chilli powder,
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
* 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
* 3 small bell peppers, cored and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces
* 4 thick slices eggplant
* 1 red onion, peeled and in thin wedges
* 30ml (2 tbsp) oil fry
* Pasta with finely chopped spring onion to serve
1st Make the satay sauce, adding the peanut butter, coconut, chili powder and garlic in a little with 180ml (6 fl oz) pot with water. Heat, stirring constantly over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in half the soy sauce. Thin down with a little more water if necessary. Set aside.
2nd Parboiling the peppers in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain tray. Cut the eggplant slices into quarters. Thread peppers and eggplant to 8 pre-soaked wooden skewers with onion wedges.
3rd Preheat a grill pan. Beat together the remaining oil and soy sauce. Brush over the kebabs. Cook on the griddle pan for 6-8 minutes, turning frequently soft and slightly charred. Serve with noodles and green onions drizzled with satay sauce.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.