* Mark a little, about 30cm (12in) long and 850g (1 ¾ lb) in weight, halved lengthwise
* 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 red or white onions, peeled and cut into wedges, apart
* 1 sweet potato, 400g (14oz) in weight, peeled and diced
* 1 red bell pepper, halved, cored and cut into thick strips
* 2 tablespoons pine nuts
* 1 tsp sesame seeds
* Olive oil, for serving
* Mint, for garnish
1st Set the oven to fairly hot, Gas Mark 6 or 200 ° C. Scoop the seeds from the bone marrow and place the halves in a large casserole dish or roasting pan, cut-side up. Sprinkle with the fennel seeds and seasoning, and add the crushed garlic and then 1 tablespoon oil.
2nd Put the onion, potatoes and peppers in the bowl. Sprinkle with the rest of the oil. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then the vegetables and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
3rd Spoon the sweet potato, onion and bell pepper halves in the bone marrow. Sprinkle with pine nuts and sesame seeds, and again in the oven for 10-15 minutes until brown seeds. Sprinkle with a little more oil, and fresh mint, for serving.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Oh dear. Props stylist Sue Radcliffe.
Nutrition information per serving
* 441 Calories (kcal)
* Fat 22.0g
This nutrition information is only a guide and is at 2,000 calories per day. For more information about healthy nutrition, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.