* 275g (10 oz) flour
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 85g (3 ounces) light spreadable butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
* 100g (3 ½ oz) low-fat mature Cheddar
* 275g (10 ounces peeled) and grated pumpkin or squash
* 2 tablespoons fresh chives
* 2 eggs
* 175ml (6floz) low-fat milk
* 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1st Preheat the oven to 190 º C (gas mark 5, 375 º F) and line A Muffin tin with paper muffin cases 10.
2nd In a large bowl the flour and baking powder together seven.
3rd Stir the sugar, cheese, pumpkin or squash and chives into the flour mixture and mix well.
4th In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and melted butter over it and the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined – the batter is lumpy.
5th Fill the muffin cases, then sprinkle the tops with the pumpkin seeds. 20-25 minutes, until risen and firm. They are delicious eaten hot or cold.
Guideline Daily Amount of 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g of salt.